Expecting another baby? You’re probably thrilled, but sometimes older siblings…aren’t. Here some ideas to make the transition easier!
1. If you have a younger child, reading books about welcoming a new baby can help them warm up to the idea.
2. Keep other big changes to a minimum. Avoid things like toilet training, moving into a new bed, or starting daycare at the same time as baby’s arrival.
3. Involve siblings in planning for baby’s arrival, like picking out a special blanket, outfit, toy, or nursery decoration.
4. Make an effort to have dedicated time with your older children, and include them in caring for the new baby whenever possible.
5. Consider a special gift or activity for your older children so they have something special when visitors are doting on the new baby.
What are some things that have helped YOUR kids adjust to a new baby? Please share!