Summer = time for travel! But flying with young kids can be exhausting. Make your trip a little easier with these top tips!
– Skip the layover, if possible. It may cost a little more to fly direct, but your sanity will thank you.
– Bring a change of clothes on board for everyone. And we mean EVERYONE. The last thing you want is to be stuck in a slimy t-shirt after your baby has a catastrophic spit-up.
– Pack special treats and toys. A new toy or a snack that your toddler only gets on special occasions will hold their attention longer and put them in a good mood.
– Stock up on sanitizing wipes. Planes can be a Petri dish. Wiping down your area and cleaning your hands frequently will help keep everyone healthy.
– Pack plenty of snacks and drinks. A sure-fire way to get a cranky kid is to go more than a couple hours without food. Snacking will also help their ears adjust to pressure changes during the flight.
– Keep your composure. Flying can be stressful and tiring for anyone. Most people can sympathize with a parent dealing with a screaming child. Just do your best to keep a positive attitude, and remember to enjoy your trip!